>Photobucket



entriesaboutchatlinks

Monday, October 1, 2012
Instagram Coasters @ 10:13 PM

My work recently got brand new tables for our office. They're really nice, so we were worried about where to place our drinks. I had been dying to try this DIY for awhile and now seemed like the perfect time.


Materials needed:
Mod podge
Gorilla glue
Felt or foam
Instagram photos
4 1/2 x 4 1/2 tiles
Acrylic coating tree house *

Steps: select or take photos. I am horrible at cutting, so I choose to put them through instagram to get a perfect square.  We took our photos in the green screen room at work.


I used the app postalpix to print & order the photos. You are able to select the size of the photos, and seeing as the tiles are 4 1/2 x 4 1/2, I choose the 4x4 photos.

Apply mod podge to the tiles and place the photos on top. Apply mod podge to the top of the photo. Allow it to dry between an hour & two. Apply second coat & dry for a day. Add another coat if you feel it is needed. Once the mod podge has dried, apply a coat of the acrylic coating.

I allowed the tiles to dry for 3 days before moving on to the next step. Apply gorilla glue to foam and place foam at the bottom of the tile. Use a book or something hard to keep the foam pressed against the tiles. Dry for day.

All done.

I brought them to work and found even after drying for a week, cups still stuck to them, especially hot drinks. After, a month the stickiness went away. I heard rubbing salt on the coasters also helps.




Labels: , , ,